I haven't played tag in a long time (we won't go into just how long...). I was sitting here minding my own business when I was "tapped on the shoulder" by Lillium so I'll be a good sport and play along...
1) Total amount of music files on your computer: I'm just now putting all of our CDs onto the computer. I'd guess about 500 or so.
2. The last CD you bought was: George Straight is Dan's favorite country artist. I bought his greatest hits for him for Christmas. Usually I just download songs from iTunes.
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? LOL. Okay... remember a few days ago I had the link to the kid singing that weird song (Dragostea Din Tei by Ozone)... yea, well.. I couldn't get it out of my head so I bought it from iTunes. I've listened to it daily since then. I know... I'm hoping to get well soon.
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean alot to you:
- Ave Maria - I love this song. Especially in Spanish. It takes me right back to our church wedding. We had a Mariachi band at our reception. One of the girls sang the Ave Maria with such passion that it brought tears to my eyes. She literally got down on her knees in front of Dan and I while we were sitting at the head table and sang her heart out. It was SO beautiful.
- I'm Already There by Lonestar - I don't truly think you can appreciate this song unless you are apart from your spouse for a long time. It's a huge hit among the military for that reason. When Dan was in Afghanistan for eight months, the boys and I listened to it all the time. It's still one of Joe's favorite songs.
- Taking it Step by Step by Whitney Houston - I've lost so much respect for Whitney but I still love this song. It's like a mini therapy session when I'm feeling down about something.
- Amazed - Again with the Lonestar. I just think it's a beautiful song and in the every day reality of marriage life I think we all need a gentle reminder of why we chose the one we did.
- Okay... don't laugh.... any of the old K-tel record songs. You know... the ones you're afraid to admit that you like to belt out to when you're in the car or cleaning the house with the windows closed so your neighbors can't hear you... Island Girl by Elton John, Boogie Shoes by KC and the Sunshine Band, Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando and Dawn.... Takes me right back to being a little girl standing in front of the mirror dancing and singing into my hairbrush for my fans. Which, by the way, I don't do any more..... really.... I don't.... really...
5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
That's easy. Kim, Annie and Lynne because I love reading their blogs and would like to know what they like in music. I think music tells a lot about a person. lol. That's a scary thought after reading my answers over again!
And thanks to Lynne for the Elann gift certificate!! Trust me, it'll be used very quickly! lol.