Just wanna say thanks for all the kind words about the tea cozy. I'm happy to report that once it was finished I was knitting on the "damn raglan" again.... and enjoying it. All I needed was that little boost that only a quickie project can give.
We've had the craziest weather here in Germany. I told you just a few days ago that it's been cool here. Then it was in the 90s for a few days (trust me when I say that's hot when there's no AC) and last night a mini hurricane blew through. Amazing storm. One of my patio chairs ended up over the fence in my neighbor's yard. Back to jeans and long sleeves today.
I forgot to share one of my purchases in Italy. Guess what these are destined to be:
One can never have to many stitch markers.
I also forgot this one. Joe's first roller coaster ride when we went to Legoland:
He was looking at the photo the other day and exclaimed, "Hey! That's not the face I was making! I wasn't that scared!" Yea. Okay, Joe. It's a conspiracy. I was hoping that Daniel would succumb to little-brother-pressure and give it a shot but he didn't. I know Daniel's fear meter and there are some things I'll make him try... this ride wasn't one of them. I did make him do the log ride. He was a nervous wreck at first but he loved it anyway.
I was tagged by Ali to do the idiosyncrasies list. This will be difficult as I am *extremely* normal. Quit laughing, Dan. I am normal. Just ask me. But I'll try...
1. I do an inner cringe when people say, "Walmarts" instead of Walmart. I'll be the first to admit that this is anal, but all the same... it drives me bonkers. Technically it's a pet peeve more than an idiosyncrasy but still... it tells you something when this is my #1.
2. I can only spin when I know I can complete a full bobbin in one sitting. That means plying also. I'm so fearful that I won't be able to match the twist if I let it set (yes, I know the trick of dropping it in water....)
3. When I start a new goal it has to be started on a Monday. You can't start a diet on a Friday. That just doesn't make sense. You're just setting yourself up for failure!
4. I have to buy a book as soon as I hear about it for fear I'll forget about it. Because of this I have about 20 unread books on my nightstand.
5. I can not stand to drink milk out of a plastic cup.
So now you know. I have boring idiosyncrasies. Told you I was normal.